This RPG, based on the anime, Kannazuki no Miko, has brought back the same characters, along with some new ones. Let your imagination and creativity wander out as you roleplay here. ^^

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Hello there and welcome to the world of Kannazuki no Miko. Well the forum at least. Here, you can let free your imaginations, creativity, and wondrous ideas. Let it all free here. Please do join and register. And most of all, have fun! Smile ~Chikane Himemiya. *If you are a user here already, and you have already been approved by myself to RP, please do post. Please also get other members to join. I need members and posting. This forum should come alive. Thank you, your trusted admin. Chikane.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The Beginning of Destiny~
Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:14 pm by Chikane Himemiya

» The Great Race of Oban
Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:14 am by Rin Shimazaki

» Pokemon Battle~
Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:43 pm by Chikane Himemiya

» Echoes of the Heart ~Venus Versus Virus~
Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:59 pm by Chikane Himemiya

» ~The Orochi Return~
Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:49 pm by Chikane Himemiya

» Rein Kumori ~Shadow in the Rain, Work in Progress~
Sat May 26, 2012 6:45 pm by Chikane Himemiya

» A New Beginning: Rin's Story
Tue May 01, 2012 8:15 pm by Rin Shimazaki

» Rin Shimazaki
Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:39 pm by Chikane Himemiya

» Ayumu Konno
Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:57 am by Chikane Himemiya

Top posters
Chikane Himemiya

Rin Shimazaki

Himeko

Reikon Keiri

Himeko Kurusugawa

Miyaki Tsusono

Souma Ogami

Akiri Suma

Ayumu Konno

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 11 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:09 am
Similar topics

Share | 

The Forest ~ A Mystery of its Ages - Part 1: The Past.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chikane Himemiya
Admin

PostSubject: The Forest ~ A Mystery of its Ages - Part 1: The Past.   Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:57 am

I had decided to go on an adventure on my own for a while. Somewhere mysterious and yet quietly serene to do an independent study. This independent study was my time to think. My time to just wander about in hopes of discovering anything; Truth, a lost item, or even myself. And it seemed the perfect place to do this was in a forest.

This forest, as I had brought a map with me, was nowhere to be found upon it. It was uncharted, a region that was "invisible" basically. I couldn't help but wonder why this beautiful forest was unmapped; there was so much to explore in here.

I journeyed further into the forest, folding the map and putting it away in my pocket. I thought to let my spirit and my mind be my guide, rather, my heart. It would direct me in the appropriate direction, I know it. I took my time to think as I continued to walk deeper and deeper into the forest.

Now, the sun wasn't shining quite as brightly. It was almost like I was in the forest at nighttime. It was bleak, dark, and somewhat eerie. But, how could that be? It was day and the sun was shining brightly when I first entered this forest, I could never forget how hot I was over by the entrance. And now the wind blows and makes my skin feel cold, it is dark and black and the trees don't seem to have the same vivacious allure that attracts the eye anymore. They gently dance in the wind as it blows, almost lifeless because their leaves show no color, no life. This was all so curious. Nonetheless, I had stopped "My thinking time" and decided to pursue the adventure that seemed to play out before me. There was a mystery of this forest, and I was going to solve it.

Last edited by Chikane Himemiya on Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chikane Himemiya
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Forest ~ A Mystery of its Ages - Part 1: The Past.   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:42 pm

As I ventured further into the forsaken place I had just seemed to stumble upon, deeper in, was located a shrine, a ruin shrine.

'Hm, that's strange. Why would that be here? It is in the midst of a bunch of trees. Would people not like to find this place to pray?'

I continued to walk further and eventually was at the wall of the stone shrine that seemed to be in horrible condition. It has long pieces of green moss hanging from it. It was cracked as if it were about to fall if something hit, but, in truth, it was going to stand no matter what hit it and how hard it hit. But, to be honest, this all was a bit odd.

"I wonder what this old shrine is doing all the way out here. Hello?"

I called out as I made my entrance into the decrepit building. I was alone and while this all was a bit eerie and sketchy, it was sure to be more exciting than anything ever before I'd experienced. The bugs made their soft noises as I stepped in further and further into this unknown area. The dust rose as my foot hit the floor, the ground, a sign of how old this place was. I was a bit confused.

"Hello? Is anyone here?"

When I was sure there was no one here, I headed down a dark hallway that seemed to have one prevailing light. That made me curious...

'What could this be....?'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chikane Himemiya
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Forest ~ A Mystery of its Ages - Part 1: The Past.   Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:08 pm

The building was a bit more spacious than what I expected it to be, by its outward compact natural appearance. But, the light led me further into the building and down a set of stairs which were barely lit enough for my eyes to see. But, this all was new.

This place seemed a distant memory, familiar and yet I couldn't recognize it. Had I been here before? I trailed deeper into the shrine-like building and the light continued to shine in my eyes. Suddenly, though, it stopped shining so brightly and faded all together, I was led into a room where I heard the door close behind me. I could tell now that this was no ordinary place.

I jumped as the creaking sound of the door made an eerie screech in my ears and I found myself walking two steps, then sounding my voice for some emotional comfort.

"Hello? Is anyone here?"

Nothing seemed to happen, only the reverberating sound of my voice echoing off the walls and throughout the room. It was only a moment of an thunderous silence that my heart began to race and images, flashbacks of that girl named Miyako flooded my mind, and clouded my mind's vision through my eyes. It echoed throughout my mind, the footfalls of each and every word from her seductive voice playing on my ears. She was devilish. Suddenly, the nickname she gave me rang in my head... I opened my eyes, which seemed to be a lot more deep now, and a bit lighter and screaming with a calm tone... I said...

"Tsuki...!"

The light that had faded suddenly came back and shone even brighter than before and this time it spread. It made the whole room light up and upon opening my eyes and looking around, I was surrounded by a whole room of books. A library? A study? But, why here? And what... is my purpose for coming here, for being led here?

"This is all so... interesting. Who ... who does this study belong to?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chikane Himemiya
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Forest ~ A Mystery of its Ages - Part 1: The Past.   Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:57 pm

This was all so interesting. A study that had appeared from a sporadic light, after saying one word. Could it be that that word I said was a seal put upon this place in order to protect the amounts of knowledge that reside here in secret? Whomever had thought to do this was quite intelligent.

But, why would it unlock with the word 'tsuki'? I continued to explore, after all, that was the only thing I could really do. I walked along the many isles of illuminating books (they were shining dimly) and read their titles as I walked past. It was a history on many things, all randomized. And I began to wonder: Why that word? The word used to unlock it, it has no relevance to any of the books that are located in here.

"This is rather strange. I wonder why I had to say that word to unlock what was here. More or less, why I said that word in the first place. Well, as long as I am here, there is no reason I cannot brush up on my history. I think it would do me some good."

And with that, I continued to search up and down the isles for books to read, when suddenly, I stumbled upon a book that was sitting more outward than all the others next to it on the shelf. I wasn't always one for organization, but, it did bother me a bit. So, normally, I walked over to the book and started to take it out to put it back in as it would fit, like pieces to a puzzle. But, as I had lifted the book from the spot it was once in, another light shone for a moment or two before, another pathway opened itself in front of me, revealing itself to me.

"Another pathway?"

It was like a giant maze that was unfolding itself with my subtle movements. Everything had a precise moment to show, but, I was beginning to wonder....

'Is it up to me... to solve what this is...?'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chikane Himemiya
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Forest ~ A Mystery of its Ages - Part 1: The Past.   Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:10 am

Following the pathway that had revealed itself before me just a moment ago, I was led down a dark creepy corridor that seemed had no end by the black abyss I was staring in front of me. I was hoping by some chance, some beacon of light could come down and allow my eyes to see clearly to where I was walking, but, no such thing happened. No, I was walking through pitch black darkness, a pure coat of ebony. Nothing could be seen. I continued to wander and wander through the hallway, my footsteps making echoing sounds which bounced off the tightly spaced concrete walls that stood on each side of me. I was to be wary.

But through my thoughtless exploring of this place and my eyes' blank stares in the blackness, I finally reached the end of the hallway. How did I know this? I tripped and fell onto the hard floor which wasn't very pleasant for me, as I landed on my hands, almost my face. I got up and brushed myself off, warning myself that there was a hazard that existed right between where I was now and the end of that long hallway. It was still black and the room seemed as if it were void, emptiness; Like it was a different realm where nothing else, no one else existed except you and your most private and inward thoughts. But, I was wrong once more as a voice kept urging me to say the same word I said before. So .... in an effort to save my eyes from going blind as well as to cure my curiosity I said it faintly...

"Tsuki..."

Before me appeared shelves upon shelves upon shelves in rows and rows of books and novels and any type of literary collection one could ever have imagined. It was a huge study kept with the most ancient of books. So ancient in fact, I could picture in the distance where there was a bit more light shining, the small dust particles falling off the books and reaching upward towards the ceiling, the light, floating, as if they had fulfilled their time here on the shelves and it was now their time.... I looked around in amazement, my oceanic eyes in question and wonder but, most of all, excitement. Most of the books as I began to realize were marked with this strange enigma or symbol on the binding of it. I went closer to a book one shelf and took a good look at it then saying to myself...

"This pattern looks vaguely familiar. I wonder..."

I kept finding my way down a row of books and suddenly I came to one that was printed with Kanji lettering, not the normal English text that every other book had had. With a bit of curiosity, I picked up the book and opened it, beginning to read, only to my surprise that on the front of the book, which I had overlooked and on the first few pages read my last name in Kanji lettering. "Himemiya." Was this a book about my family?

"This can't be..."

It was an ancient book that some of the pages were torn, the other pages that weren't damaged by tear were damaged by the weathering of its pages, making them a more yellow color. They were more stiff than smooth and it was choppy in some places; The ink wearing thin, sometimes the ink just ran out so that a whole section was cut out. Obviously time's blessing had touched this book through the ages.

"Today a baby was born. She, though everyone was blindsided to it, I could tell, she was thereby blessed with the moon's spirit, here to one day...... my niece, she is very special to me, it seems whatever she does, whenever does it, she is elegant, like a swan, pure, innocent and unscathed. I love telling her stories and I shall continue to keep telling her stories to put her to sleep to give her dreams of......... She is growing up rather quickly and progressing faster than I would have ever imagined.... she is now turning 14 and she is beautiful beyond all compare. The other girls her age could not even put up competition to her beauty. It is almost as if the moon is shining directly at me when I look at her....."

I read the different journal entries out loud to myself. So many entries about this girl and the moon. I closed the book and held it in my arms, going to search for another book. I was walking in the left direction when suddenly, something, a weird urging feeling pulled me to the right and decided upon me that I would go search for a book in one of the further right isles. Coming down one of the right isles that I had chosen upon random, a book was sticking out further than its companions on the shelf. I decided to come up to it and grab it and put it in with its brethren before opportunity and curiosity took hold of me and asked me to open the book and read it as well. Then, once more, I began to read it aloud....

"Today, I began a new practice. It is a new theory, my own new religion called Orochi and soon there will be a church built in its honor. People are beginning to populate it because of its morale standards and religious rules. They are only that you may shape the world how you wish to personally design it and that is how it is to conform, to your liking. This requires everyone to be more in tune with their selfish desire and egotistical want in order form and shape what they truly wish to have. This involves and instates, actually, it encourages the work of a broken heart. The broken heart knows what it wants, revenge. It feels what it wants, pain and agony and all of that pain and agony and darkness turns into power. What to do with that power? Use it. What to use it for? The bettering of the world and mankind. My ideas are that if we can get everyone to release themselves completely and to be honest with one another, to not put on a facade when meeting someone, to just let their bad side hang free without restriction, that is my idea of the perfect world and thus shall be the utopia of my church!"

'Well, this is .... interesting....'

It cut off right there as one of the first journal entries. I skipped a few pages since the next few were damaged. Then, in full, I began to read the next few.

"But, you see, before starting this church, I knew of something important that I cannot share my knowledge with any of my followers of this religion. It is extremely and highly confidential. I read of a story a while back about two priestesses that always reincarnate throughout life and death, never using their powers for anything because there is no evil in this world. There is no darkness in people's hearts. No hatred, no sadness, no denial, no blood. No nothing! All there is is peace and happiness and kindness and love and light and joy and it all makes me sick! Sicker than a dog! Sicker than someone who came down with the black plague! Well, the Orochi church now has found a new purpose and that is to create chaos and uncertainty in this world. It is to create it and use it and hone it as if it were a weapon they had come to master. They are to mother it as if it were a newborn child just new to this world. They are to plague it to people like an epidemic and spread like a wildfire in the woods and the forest filled with plants and animals. They are to make hell happen here on Earth and do nothing but destroy destroy destroy until it is time to reshape and rebuild and then, I will rebuild this world with my ideal image of it, and I will have become their king! But, the original message still sticks, I wonder if people will follow me..... I have 8 ministers and mistresses of this practice. Each of them have a particular duty to fulfill. Each of them have a purpose, a specific treasure, a thing, a secret they are guarding. A thing they represent and a certain type of power. And with these powers they are to destroy anything pure and innocent with impure thought and intention. Most of the world is pure.... how do you go about destroying something so big as that? You start from the source.... the priestesses....

It cut off again, and it left me on a cliff hanger wanting more. I needed some sort of way to find out what happened next in the story. It was so exhilarating, it sucked me in and intrigued me. I felt another pull that told me to skip almost all the way to the end of this fairly weathered and huge book, and there is where I found the next entry in the sequence.... once more this pull telling me to read it, and so it did. My eyes wandering through the text, almost as if they were glued from contact..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chikane Himemiya
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Forest ~ A Mystery of its Ages - Part 1: The Past.   Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:34 pm

This was someone's journal undoubtably. The question was, whose journal was it? I doubted that it could belong to anyone I knew of. Someone whom might have been related to me? It couldn't be. I did not recognize this handwriting, nor did I recognize whatever this person was speaking about. This was all foreign to me, whatever this man was speaking of but, with the events that have happened to me up till now, I supposed it was up to me to solve it. Anyway, I would.

"I wonder whose journal this is. It doesn't have a name, just a symbol. A small lunar symbol with some kind of marking around it. It is very interesting... I feel like I've seen this somewhere before...."

I thought for a moment, nothing coming to my mind. It was a blank slate for now; so engrossed in whatever this journal was saying about.

"Strange. I guess I haven't seen it before, maybe my mind's playing tricks on me."

With that I shook off the feeling of confusion and continued to read on, my eyes catching sight of the next thing I should read. It was weird, it felt as if I was being guided by some external force from the moment I set foot into this study. Was there some sort of ancient curse upon this place that makes it so ominously interesting? Is there some sort of paranormal force that exists here and possesses all who enter? Whatever the case was, I'd figure it out. What I have retained so far, I'm sure, would fit into this last piece and everything would make sense. Well, it's always good to be hopeful. Nonetheless, I continued reading.

"There is a legend.... a legend that only I know of, a legend that I believe is true. In fact, I have proof. There are two priestesses of this Earth, the lunar and the solar. Each of them possesses adequate powers, ones that could easily destroy any living thing they wished. Such great powers and yet they had no use for them. Eventually, since, there was no use for them, they would begin to tell their friends of their double lives and use them for show, only in the end to have them keep them till death do them part. The Gods, of course the Gods, were not pleasured by this finding. They're wasting away their powers and gifts upon petty humans that do not deserve them and so they took them back, most of it. All they were allowed to do is summon, in the most basic forms thus reducing their powers greatly. Excellent discovery, if I do say so myself. Now, absolutely nothing stands in my way of destruction and evil. Nothing. No priestesses, they can keep their purity, without their grandiose powers they are nothing. But, as I have mentioned, a baby girl was born today in my family. My daughter's baby... for the most part she looks just like her. She's a beautiful baby girl and I loved her from the moment she was first released into this world, to the moment I first held her in my arms today in the evening. They named her ..... Chikane .... Chikane Himemiya.... it is a beautiful name for a beautiful baby...."

I stopped reading right there and I looked up and blinked. This... this entry... this was about me? Then I suppose it was safe to assume that that other entry about the baby was about me too..... that means that this was written by my grandfather. I did not know that he kept a journal and described such immaculately iniquitous things. I never would have imagined or even conceived that the grandfather I loved so dearly was the starter of so many horrible things. He was the beginner of all evil in this world.... that is a sin committed that I could not even fathom the possibilities of his work nor the consequences of his actions. But, what got me the most puzzled and concerned was what it was he actually did. I continued reading...

"Yes, but from the moment she was born, I knew that my granddaughter was special. She just seemed to have this vibe, this glow, this essence to her that spoke to me as if she were from the moon. Whenever the night came and the moon shined in the night sky with its silver aura, her midnight blue hair glistened in its light, and her blue eyes, sometimes open, shined with innocence. Those big blue, deep eyes that were blessed with the same amounts of pain as they were happiness. After all, what pain did she know? She was only a baby. It was then that I had taken the time out to think of why her eyes were stained that way, it made me concerned, actually. After a while of thinking and researching, it finally connected. She was the lunar priestess, or when she grew up and matured a bit she would be. She would realize her true role at the age of 16, when she was considered to be more of a woman than that of a girl or a child. It was easy to tell. Her eyes were the first clue, the way they were stained with such sadness that only an ancient soul could have told the tales of. Her cries were raspy as if her voice had been used throughout the battles of time. And, of course, there was the evidence that the priestesses' souls reincarnate after every lifetime and find a new host to inhabit. But, the soul forms and shapes itself to fit with the new body it has filled, finds a way to make its ancient presence undetectable and molds to make it seem as though it was the vessel's very own soul. This happens at or before birth, when the baby, the vessel, that is, is a clean slate. They have no thoughts of good or evil, their hearts are blank as to which side they will decide upon. And of course, their souls and characteristics, their personalities are not yet fully developed. It is an easy possession and a perfect opportunity. That, acting as if they are demons needing a human host to feed upon, dementing their young minds, it is absolutely deplorable and it makes me sick. My true intentions are to cause a raucous of the world and destroy everything that is pure, well, to add, destroy the souls of the priestesses themselves. They do not deserve to live....! But, I cannot very well go and kill my own granddaughter, that would be an act in itself that would be very hard to deal with, let alone explain.... I think I have an idea....

Once more it cut off and my eyes opened with shock as I looked up from the book, closing it within my hands. All of this, it was shocking to read, to let alone imagine. It was just... my own grandfather and me.... and lunar priestess? Whatever was he speaking about? The legend did seem interesting, but, the killing and the chaos he was mentioning, that is what I was more concerned with. So that is why we today have such great evil in this world, it was because of my relative, because of someone dear to me, because of him.... because of my grandfather. I needed to find out more upon this topic.... read a little more of his journals and attempt to figure out this whole mystery which was urging me to solve it, desperately. And if it was really that desperate a cry for me to solve this riddle, then I would do so, expediting its solving any way I possibly could. Which book to read next?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chikane Himemiya
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Forest ~ A Mystery of its Ages - Part 1: The Past.   Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:25 pm

I wanted to know what his idea was. I wanted to know what exactly happened to me, what he planned to do. My fate, my future rested in his filthy, sinful hands and of course, I wanted to know what happened. But, where was the book that described to me what he did and if it succeeded. I took a moment to think...

'Of course, the most important book and his most treasured journal wouldn't be located so conveniently for anyone to just come by and take for their own purposes? It has many of his secrets locked within its pages and something like that, something so personal would be hidden away somewhere cleverly.... I wonder...'

I spoke out loud, having an idea of my own. I thought it was quite clever till I found the result of it and then thought it quite foolish.

"This hidden book is not here with me, keep no secrets and take me to thee. It is a book of secrets itself so reveal your place, and allow me to read the words upon your pages."

If there was a point system for enthusiasm, I'd certainly have them all. I said it as if it were a witches' spell. Foolish, now, in my opinion. I wasn't a witch, why would that have worked? But, then, another idea sparked and I tried it out only to have a pleasurable end result.

"Alright here it goes. Tsuki...."

Quite dramatically, I had spoken that word and alas, another pathway opened up and this time it led to a more remote room. The room happened to be little and square and dark. It was almost like an ancient private office. The walls were made of cement or a brimstone like material. It was dusty and there were spider webs everywhere, in each corner. There was one torch on the wall that lit the whole room as soon as my foot made contact with its ground. It was a bit creepy, I will not lie. However, I couldn't let a little horrific thing slow me down. I needed to find that book and more importantly, what was scripted on it.

"Ah, I think I've found it."

I turned several pages and finally, I found the entry I was looking for. My eyes widened in anticipation of what it would say, by far, this had to be the longest. Nonetheless, I continued reading.

"Everything is going according to plan, my friend, everything is working out perfectly. Chikane's parents do not suspect a thing and they entrust me with her care and welfare all the time. The trust is what I essentially needed for this all to work and now that I have that, eternally, I can finally complete my plan. Tomorrow is my granddaughter's 10th birthday, I am going to bring her to the church of Orochi and have her meet everyone, all of my ministers and mistresses of the practice. After they are acquainted, I will begin her first lesson in how to fight. I plan to teach her the ways of the sword, fist and my favorite, the bow and arrow. These skills she won't forget, I will have them etched into her soul so that she may be able to fight for centuries to come even after I pass on. You see, there is an ideal for me in this incoherent madness. You think it is all a blur, something that is a disorganized piece of junk and won't ever work. But, to me, this plan is foolproof. I shall allow you a glance through my eyes for once. She will learn how to fight and practice them incessantly to become a master at them by the time she is 16 years old. I have already mentioned I know of her fate and if my prediction is correct we already have half the job done. By introducing her and having her training under my ways as she is, being influenced by me, her young mind is mine, she is already an Orochi...."

This was getting a bit confusing and intense to read but I kept going. The ink was thin for a little bit but then it continued onto the next few pages where the ink got darker again and I could read it. But, during the ink thinning and thickening, it seemed a certain amount of time passed.

"Today is her 16th birthday, journal and I couldn't be more excited. She is still sleeping but I am going to keep a close eye on what happens from this moment on. I don't need sleep and I don't need anything else but the prophecy. It is already dawn and she just arising from her slumber. ........ But, appearing in the sky is a dark purple orb, that is the power that I have been saving up as a result of all the religious input I have. The Gods have recognized my efforts and bestowed upon me divine power. And it is a feat of itself to say that I have tricked the Gods, I am the mastermind of all evil and manipulation and hence it be known that evil has begun to take its reign on this world. I was right! Chikane, my own granddaughter, she is the lunar priestess and the one who is destined to save the world from its fated destruction. But, there would be no destruction if evil did not exist right? So allow me to create that evil, but an evil that is so powerful that not even the two priestesses can handle it or combat it with their puny and dumbed down powers! Chikane, my granddaughter, I knew she was always special and that is why tonight, when the silver moon rises, I have carefully tracked and planned out where the Solar Priestess will be, we are not going to attack, no that would be too obvious. Chikane, instead, is going to kill her on the spot. I was able to trick her too. I explained to her that this Solar Priestess, she is nothing but evil. She is going to steal the sun right out of the sky and use it to destroy us all by blowing it up. Once the Earth is burnt and desolate, she is going to reclaim its power and build a new world where she is Queen, the Sun Queen and rule with an iron fist. She didn't seem to think that was ideal and the plan to kill her would be much easier. I officially proclaim the rise in evil! Hence it be known the world of the Orochi lives!

I closed the book. Whoa, was this all real? My grandfather, someone who I respected and loved so dearly, whom I had let into my heart in such a special way, had done all of this. To think that he was the creator of all evil and darkness, of all sin, it was unfathomable. And to know that he plotted to use me for his own selfish desires, he tricked me, he tricked the Gods, he tricked my parents, he tricked everyone and everything just to get what he desired. That is the lowest and most extreme form of manipulation and I had hoped to all the Gods above me that I would never sink to be as low as him. I never wanted for my soul to be damned the way his was. I never wanted my mind to be as twisted as his was. But, then I began to wonder, if this was me, why do I not have any memory of it?

I was on my way out of this small room and back into the library, looking for the exit and of course taking the books with me. They were my grandfather's private journals and I was his family, so why wouldn't I be able to do such a thing? It was then that I realized just how long it had been. I'd lost track of time losing my mind in this here study or library. The moon was full and over my head in the nighttime sky, shining brilliantly. I always did admire the moon and its beauty, but sometimes I wish I could be like the sun, shining evermore brightly. Oh what am I saying? As these colliding thoughts wish washed in my head, the moon's light seemed as though it was following me. When, suddenly, there was a slot in the ceiling for it to truly shine bright, it caught me in its essence and my stare went blank, my body seemed to stand still on its own and all I could see in front of me, were a bunch of clips starring me. It was like a dream, a movie only my eyes could see and actually, it did seem as though it were only meant for me. But, then it clicked, this wasn't a dream, it was a vision.

"So you know what you have to do, right Chikane?"

"Yes, grandfather. I must take the life of the Solar Priestess, no matter what. If she tempts me I will resist. If she tries to fight back, I will show her no mercy. In this fight there are to be no holds barred. And, I am only to return on the account that I have sacrificed the Solar Priestess."

"Very good. I've taught you well. Now, make me proud Chikane. It is time."

It seemed to flash forward to a scene in the midst of the summer night where a blonde hair beauty was walking down the sidewalk to her home peacefully. It showed me, hiding in the small moonlit forest right by where she was walking. It was more like a bunch of plants. However, I was ready to do this. I had hate in my eyes and when she was in perfect shooting range, I made a jump for it. I closed my eyes though just to be sure. My grandfather did state to me she had the power to blind you. But then, the most melodic voice spoke to me as I held the bow and arrow loosely.

"W-who are you?"

"That is not of your concern, Solar Priestess."

"P-priestess? What is it you're talking about? A-and why do you have your eyes closed, miss?"

"I was told you have the power to make anyone you want go blind and that is why I'm not looking at you. And don't play dumb with me, I know who you are and I know you know exactly who you are. So, why don't we stop playing games and get down to the facts. I am here to kill you, Solar Priestess. So, do you have any last words before I shoot you?"

She seemed to think I was joking, either that, or she was confused about how someone could shoot something else with their eyes closed. Nonetheless, she didn't comment upon that but rather say something else cutely.

"Why don't you open your eyes and tell me your name?" It was silent a moment more. How could I be so sure I could trust her? But, then, the sound of her voice echoed in my mind and the sincerity of it was almost too much to take. Reluctantly and slowly, I opened my eyes and met hers directly. And right before me, I swear, I saw an angel sent from the heavens above. Her blonde locks and her velvet amethyst eyes. She was a true beauty. A princess. And I felt my heart pound in my chest. Upon her cheeks, I noticed a small pigmentation as well. A pink one. She was blushing, could it be she found me attractive as well?

"W-well, what's your name?"

"It's Chikane. Chikane Himemiya. And yours?"

"Himeko. Himeko Kurusugawa. It's a pleasure to meet you, C-Chikane-chan." And my grandfather wanted me to shoot her why? I couldn't shoot something so innocent, so sweet, kind and just plain cute. She had me a bit put off by the tone of her high pitched voice, but her looks completely deterred me from my mission. I quickly forgot what I was supposed to do and dropped my bow and arrow on the ground. She wasn't blinding me or hurting me. She wasn't manipulating me. We were just talking to each other. Yeah, talking.

"Well Chikane-chan, what is this about being a Solar Priestess?"

"Well there are two. The Solar and the Lunar Priestess. I'm told they have marks to mark them and prove it that they are who they are genuinely. But, they are supposed to possess these powers that will one day save this world from its destruction. The Solar Priestess is one of a bubbly personality and yet quite shy, supposed to have light but beautiful and somewhat cute features and that's all I remember. Oh yeah, the word was delicate features."

"And what of the Lunar Priestess?"

"Well my grandfather hasn't exactly told me who that is yet, but, I'm sure he will soon. He says that she is a darker person. In features, like black hair and oceanic blue eyes or something of that nature. And, she will have elegance and grace as swift as the waves the moon commands. She will be revered by many, loved by many and look as though she were a princess born in the wrong era. She will have many talents and be fearless and strong but kind and gentle as well. She will have a bit of happiness and some bits of pain. Overall, she will be tall and slender and be the perfect woman."

"But you called me the Solar Priestess. I'm guessing your grandfather knew about my destiny before it happened. But, if I may ask, where is the mark to prove it?"

"Forgive me but...." I picked up the bow and arrow and shot one right past her face into the tree behind her. Her eyes widened with fear and I could tell her heart was beating loudly in her chest. But, upon her sternum, on the outer part of the skin, appeared a shining light in the shape of a sun symbol. I put the bow and arrow down and smiled softly.

"Look at your chest Himeko, it's shining. That is the mark of the Solar Priestess. It glows whenever you're in distress, whenever you wish to help someone out, or in extreme pleasure."

"And where is the lunar symbol for the Lunar Priestess?"

"I believe he specified that it would be located at the base of her neck, or the back of it to be more specific. It's in the shape of a crescent moon upside down. But this mark glows with extreme pain, extreme pleasure or extreme power. And perhaps even when she is scared."

"I see a dim light behind you, but, where is it coming from? ......Chikane-chan? Do you mind if I part your long hair and check to see if there is a symbol?"

"Not at all. But, there probably won't be one there."

It skipped to where we had discovered that we were both the priestesses of the sun and moon, The Solar and Lunar Priestesses. I knew very well that I couldn't kill her but I was already an Orochi and I suppose that took care of one priestess. But, nevertheless I returned and lied to my grandfather, saying she was dead to keep him occupied. Whenever I would go out and tell him I was on a recruiting mission, I'd meet up with Himeko and get to know her better. In my eyes we were becoming great friends. But, then all horror broke lose when my grandfather found out about my friendship with Himeko, but, he was more angry at the fact that she was still alive more than anything....

And that was where the vision ended. The light had moved past me on Earth's rotation and I couldn't help but wonder what happened next in the sequence. So he used me, asked me to kill Himeko for him, rooted all evil, got me to join the Orochi. Never did I ever imagine that my grandfather was such an evil man, the start of evil, the causeway of everything bad and sinful in this world. I was going to get to the bottom of this, no matter what it took. But, now, I must go find Himeko, for some strange and unexplained reason, I felt the rest of the puzzle lay with her....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forest ~ A Mystery of its Ages - Part 1: The Past.   

Back to top Go down

The Forest ~ A Mystery of its Ages - Part 1: The Past.
Page 1 of 1